Thursday, January 21, 2010

Landscape Oil Study 2

Here is another quick study for a western landscape. This one is painted on a 3/4" primed 8" x 10" masonite panel. I did pick up two new tubes of oil paint yesterday so I'm looking forward to trying them out soon.

First, however, I'll need to get my contract work for Good Neighbor Press and Childcraft Education Corp. completed.

Looking for a bit of warming sunshine today, but so far it looks like snow. We've had snow on the ground since early November - most we've seen it for a number of years. The cat isn't too thrilled by this.






In the spirit of experimenting, I took an older painting for my children's book "Nigel" by Debra Duel and published by Operation Outreach USA, and repainted the star, Nigel.

Operation Outreach is a wonderful company. They get sponsors to publish excellent books with lesson plans and teaching aids, then provide them to schools to improve literacy. I must say, working with Judy Golden at OOUSA is terrific and the quality of the printed books is really outstanding.

In addition to "Nigel", I also illustrated "The Duck in the Hole", by Mary Vigliane Szydlowski for OOUSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment