Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 - a New Year and trying some New Ideas

I'm ushering in the new year by taking a sculpture workshop. To date I've only had two sculpture classes - a semester of figure at RSAD nearly 30 years ago (YIKES!) and a portrait sculpting class with Philippe Faraut a couple of years ago. Philippe's class is really good and I highly recommend him as a teacher.

Since sculpting simply feels so natural to me, it's high time I explored this artistic option more completely, to see what I can do and challenge myself.

It was hard to choose a class. Brookgreen Gardens has a wonderful series of workshops, however I thought it best to start in my own backyard. It's a bit of a trek for me, but I'll be going to Denver in February to start classes for 8 weeks at the Art Students League. I'll be studying ceramic figure sculpture with Andi Mascarenas and I'm really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you have found a workshop to open yourself to new sculpture techniques and new artist friends :) Lots to do in Denver on Friday nights, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'all need any special red clay from Alabama I can get the best.

    ReplyDelete