Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sold - Harriet Tubman in bronze

This weekend was the Loveland sculpture Invitational held in Loveland, Colorado. While quite hot on Friday and Saturday, it was a comfortable on Sunday.

I had a very good response to my sculptures and was especially glad that I paid the rush fees to get my bust of Harriet Tubman finished in time for the show, as she seemed to be a favorite not only of mine, but of the people that viewed her at the show.

I have named the bronze of Harriet  #1 of 9 edition- "Fierce", as she was indeed fierce, brave and very smart. She's been carefully packed and is en route to the collector in Kansas City, Mo.

A new order for the #2 of 9 of "Fierce" will be going in next week.

Now that the show is over, I'm going to take a few days off for some much needed family time before starting back up in the studio on Monday, Aug 20th.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin. She's one of my favorites so I'm really glad that I paid all the rush fees to got to bronze. If I had sold the original and had no bronze to keep I would have kicked myself.

      Delete
  2. Ditto on the congratulations. It's been a real pleasure watching this one come to life along the way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say this is an excellent blog that I have ever come
    across. Very informative. Please write more so that we can get more
    details.
    Polished concrete sydney
    floor levelling
    concrete repairs
    epoxy coatings
    glue removal
    concrete coatings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a little time off for family and office work - I'm back in the studio working, so will be posting more soon - thanks!

      Delete