Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Juried into the Women Artists of the West

When you're in your studio, trying to keep up with deadlines, it's easy to let tasks slide. One of my goals this year was to join more professional organizations - it's a great way to grow as an artist. I've been an associate member of the National Sculpture Society and I am happy that I was just juried into the Women Artists of the West. Luckily I've been trying to use my task-manager more and was able to remember to get my application in before the deadline, as they only jury in new members once a year!

It's nice getting in to these organizations, but I haven't yet been active. My next goal is to take full advantage of what they have to offer, enter their shows and contests and get more involved - time to make a move from 'associate' to 'full' member in every sense of the word.

Sculpting on "Ascension" went so well last night that I was loathe to stop and turn in at 1:30am. I admit that I've been noodling on her for far too long - it's hard to declare done ;-). My goal is to have her at the foundry this afternoon or tomorrow morning - with new photos posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment